Oh yeah baby, you better believe we have Superpowers!
Let's get into what our Superpowers are!
WHAT IF OUR ‘WEAKNESSES’ WERE OUR STRENGTHS? What if what society has always told us is 'weak' is actually strong?
- Vital sign of physical health.
- Key to creativity, intuition,
- Well-being, self-care, living our truth.
- Cultivates trust, relationships, & better outcomes.
- Jacinda Arden’s leadership.
- Safe (not extremist).
- Empathy to people.
- Harmony & people are valued.
- Connected to nature, pets, the world.
- Empathetic, deep relationships.
- Creative, intuitive. self-aware.
“Makes me see the beauty of everything around me as I daily practice mindfulness & gratitude. I'm a better person for it”.
Learning to respect, love and track our menstrual cycle to empower ourselves & embrace our superpowers.
MENSTRUATION AS A SUPERPOWER
WHAT IF OUR BLEEDING WAS EMBRACED RATHER THAN BEING SHAMED?
“Your period is way more than PMS, carb cravings and lady rage - it's actually a lady code that, once cracked, will uncover a series of monthly superpowers that can be used to enhance your relationships with others, build a better business, have incredible sex and create a 'bloody' amazing life.”
- Menstruation holds wisdom
- Embracing our cyclical nature
- Kairos time rather than Chronos time (signifies a proper or opportune time for action)
- The way of nature – four seasons, ebbs and flows, waxing & waning of moon/tides
- Knowing the power of each phase of our cycle – with rest comes intuition, creativity; with ovulation comes heightened sexual pleasure, productivity
“Women are powerful. Connecting to our menstruation raises our awareness of the nature of that power: It reconnects us, & that reconnection enables us to live in freedom, confident of our own potency.”
Uma Dinsmore- Tuli
- The power of the feminine specifically the womb
- Sacred, wise, intuitive, knowing
- In Yoga, there are siddhis which are supernatural powers, heightened abilities & knowing
- Siddhis are often attributed to enlightened gurus
- BUT women create siddhis every time they bleed
- So every month we have the opportunity to embrace a siddhi connecting our bodies to the elemental forces of nature
MENOPAUSE AS A SUPERPOWER
“For many women who have been caring for and putting others first, midlife is the time when there’s finally space to start thinking about you. You may feel compelled to make room for you, to live with greater purpose, or to answer the call to do something big in the world.”
Terri Hanson Mead
- A part of us dies – our childbearing capacity, children may leave home and yet we become freer and reborn.
- We are now more directly connected to source and have a reverence for light & life.
- Kundalini energy rises.
- The post-menopausal woman gives birth to herself.
- Women become emotionally stronger and really focus on what’s important to them. (Dr Louann Brizendine – The Female Brain)
“The silvered glamour of the Woman of the Winter Moon may be woman in her greatest power, woman in her guise as Elemental, as Force of Nature. This is woman to be revered. She is a concentration of feminine wisdom gathered and concentrated over the years…”
Elizabeth S. Eiler Ph.D.
Cycles of the Feminine:
- 56-73 Age of Choice – choose what lights you up
- 63-70 Age of Watchwoman – recasting what one has learned
- 70-77 Age of Re-youthanisation
And so on until
- 105+ Age of timelessness (Dr Christiane Northrup & Clarissa Pinkola Estes)
BIRTH AS A SUPERPOWER
- Growing and birthing a baby is the ultimate superpower specific to women.
- The survival of the human species relies on women. That is powerful!
The picture is of a Spanish mother, Laura, four days before giving birth to healthy twins
We have loads more superpowers! Tune in for the next exciting episode to see what happens!